We all know we should drink more water.
But are you actually doing it?
These are some important reasons why you should drink more water:
1. You’ll feel hungrier if you skip out on water.
Thirst and hunger are regulated by the hypothalamus region so it’s easy to confuse hunger with your body’s craving for more water.
2. Dehydration can trigger headaches and migraines.
3. It’s proven that even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can affect and impair many aspects of brain function.
4. Drink water helps with constipation. Everyone needs to be regular, no?
5. Being hydrated can enhance overall physical performance. On the other side, being dehydrated can decrease physical performance by up to 30%.
6. Not drinking enough water can lead to cramps and discomfort during your period and worsen PMS (Pre Menstrual Symptoms).
Everybody’s water needs are different.
Depends on your exercise and overall activity level, how much you sweat, the climate you’re in, the use of AC etc so make sure you’re in check with what you need